27 Main St. County Road 8
P.O. Box 142
Elgin, ON K0G 1E0
Phone: 613 359-5555
Fax: 613 359-6329

Joint Property may avoid Probate

When a house or land is owned jointly, is often can be passed to the survivor without probate action. If stocks or bonds are jointly owned, "with right of survivorship", the beneficiary can arrange for the transfer of title by presenting the required documents to the company's stock transfer agent. However, some forms of joint or community ownership do require probate. An attorney may have to be consulted.


365 Days of Healing

Grieving doesn't always end with the funeral: subscribe to our free daily grief support email program, designed to help you a little bit every day, by filling out the form below.

52 Weeks of Support

It's hard to know what to say when someone experiences loss. Our free weekly newsletter provides insights, quotes and messages on how to help during the first year.